Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with Boyfriends ex wife!?

My live in boyfriend of 6 months who I am extremely happy with, has 2 young daughters he shares custody with his ex wife. He has the girls for the last 15 days of the month. I have known him for a while now, he split with his ex wife 2 years before we met. I have a great relationship with both of his daughters and we have a very loving home and environment with the girls. His ex wife though we have never really talked and we do work at the same place, treats me with such disrespect, she will come and take the girls from me in public like at his oldest daughters softball games and rolls her eyes when her daughters talk about me. I say nothing about her to the girls and even encourage them to be nice about the things they day about their mother. Their father will not speak with her unless it is about dropping or picking them up or unless they are in danger. She was the cause of their divorce as she was cheating. Do you think she is jealous of me?How do I deal with Boyfriends ex wife!?
Of course she's jealous of you! And she will remain BITTER as lemon juice for many years. The reason folks date is to see if there is something about their partner that will be a long-lasting ';issue'; in the future, ie; marriage. Are you willing to keep dealing with ';ms.ex'; because there is nothing more you can really do here but pray. At least you are getting a chance to see what you'd be getting into BEFORE you get married- unlike a lot of other women who end up marrying first, only to get a harsh dish of ex-hood afterwards. (I know, because it's happening right now to me! LOL) I probably would have thought twice....like you need to.


It sounds like you and your bf are doing exactly what should be required of you two.. but the level of disrespect from ms ex is eating at you. All I can tell you is to realise she is the loser here, so pity her.

No comments:

Post a Comment