Monday, August 16, 2010

Can I ever get over a cheating boyfriend? Please help?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years with a great relationship. We are both professional adults with good careers and good families. This summer he went away with his friends for a few days because we were having a rough patch where we just needed some space. I had some family issues I was dealing with and the stress was building up too much so I didn't join him. We did not break up and we still talked every day of this vacation. When he got home, he admitted to kissing another girl. He saw her 2 different nights and they only kissed. However, he did get her phone number and admitted to talking to her on AIM after the vacation. A week later he told her that they could not have any more contact and they have not talked since. (I have all of his passwords and know this for sure because I am crazy and have checked). This was over 4 months ago and I still think about his betrayal every single day without fail. It eats me up inside. I love him and believe he is the one but will I ever be able to get over this and trust him again? We have spent endless nights talking about how much it hurts me and its just beaten dead. He can't comfort me anymore on this issue and I need to take steps to just getting over it. How do I do that? Can you really forgive and forget?Can I ever get over a cheating boyfriend? Please help?
When someone betrays your trust there is no easy answer. Maybe you both need to get some counseling. Things may be smoothing over now but if you hit another ruff patch will he be doing the same thing? If a man did that to me, I am not sure I could be with him. Once the trust is gone, how can you feel safe and secure? Can I ever get over a cheating boyfriend? Please help?
Obviously not in your case, because you have turned a kiss into infidelity on his part. You said it succinctly when you called it 'betrayal' and thus it will ever be in your mind.
You have to make a choice: either forgive him or leave him. If you continue to spend endless nights talking about what he did, and if you continue to check up on everything he does because you don't trust him, you will be doing two things: driving him away, and driving yourself insane.





He only kissed the girl. It was during a rocky time in your relationship when he might have thought it was ending soon. He broke it off with her. What he did was still wrong, but all of these things are signs that your relationship can be saved.





He's already paid dearly for his mistake. There is nothing else he can do; he can't change the past. It's up to you to make it work now.





Every time you start obsessively thinking about what he did, remind yourself that you're hurting your relationship by obsessing about it. Remind yourself that you love each other. Commit yourself to forgiving him each and every time that thought pops back up.





Don't punish him or yourself anymore about this. Life is too short for that.
I generally believe that if a guy cheats once, he will do it again.





If you can't get to the point where you can forgive him and put it behind you - you are not doing yourself any favours by being in this relationship. It's no good if you can't trust your partner.





See someone with a bit more knowledge and skill on the subject. Think it through, and then make up your mind. Let go of the ghosts in your head, whether you let go of him or not.



You have to forgive him... even I'm not suggest you to forget it... Because you could take this as a good thing for you to learn more about your relationship...


But that's all and not more... don't keep it more than that...


Yeah, you have to forgive him... I mean, at least he admitted long before... and when you checked everything, there was nothing to hide...


He did mistake, but he admitted, and you know that he told you the truth... ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment