Monday, August 16, 2010

Guys! Or anyone! How can I deal with my boyfriend's friends?

I know a girl should never force her guy to choose between her %26amp; his friends. And I know guys don't want their girl to hate on their guy friends, but...





They are all in their mid 20's or early thirties %26amp; living with their parents. One is 34, jobless, pot-smoker %26amp; lives with parents. One is on probation for DUIs %26amp; lives with parents. And another (his ';best'; friend) won a game show, so he is jobless, living with mom, and cheating on his girlfriend who lives out of town. I guess he thinks he won't run out of money.





They are a terrible influence on him, they encourage him to cheat on me, they drink %26amp; drive with my boyfriend in the car, and overall, they are just completely disrespectful to society... Especially women.





I do NOT understand why he wants to be around them! Though my boyfriend is also unemployed right now, he is pursuing a career in the Air Guard %26amp; will be going to Turkey in August. (He is waiting for a job opening at the local Air Force Base.)





I have a hard time trusting him because of them. They take him clubbin' every weekend %26amp; I don't know what the hell 4 straight guys do at bars and clubs that don't involve other girls. They have taken him to strip clubs too.





They are going to Panama City Beach this weekend.





I am pissed, suspicious, worried, etc...





HOW SHOULD I FEEL?


WHAT SHOULD I DO?Guys! Or anyone! How can I deal with my boyfriend's friends?
they are technically ';good friends'; since they stay true to him, but they're also a leech on your relationship. You have to talk to him about it, but instead of raising your voice and getting pissed off or emotional, just be logical and thoroughly explain to him how his friends effect your relationship. At this rate eventually he is gonna have to choose, or at least make some changes.





good luck!Guys! Or anyone! How can I deal with my boyfriend's friends?
Sorry, but if that guy is smart, he is probably telling you all this cr@p that his friends pressure him to cheat on you, because he actually might already be doing it, and if one day you find out he'll say '; babe im sorry my friends pressured the $hit out of me, i didnt want to do it '; or some excuse so you can think twice about leaving him... Seriously it's a good one..
The big question here is how do you really feel about this guy? Not his friends but him. You are not dating his friends. If you really care about him as a person then stick it out. He is going away next month and maybe he will grow up some while he is gone. He may just outgrow his crazy friends. You never know he may be worth the wait.
DUMP HIM!





His friends were probably there before you, so he was most likely like this when you met him. If you don't like it, find a guy who isn't a complete jerk, but don't expect him to change for you. I've tried it. Doesn't work.





This guy seems like a waste of your time by the way you describe him.
always good to be honest and tell him how you feel. Its not right to make him choose between you and them. I promise his friends cant make him do anything, he is a grown man and its his decision.. don't put it on them. If you cant trust him maybe its time to move on.
well before u think about dumping him at least sit down and talk to him and make him promise u he will behave himself n if he can look u in the eye and be serious then thats your decision to trust him but if he laughs and cant be serious then yes u might want to consider finding someone else
thats hard the only way I can think of is suggesting to him not to follow with everything there friends say or make him choose between you or him
look .. he's going away anyway.. his friend suck and they will get him into trouble regardless. Just dump the poor bastard and move on.
You should dump him and start dating a lonely single Asian guy near you.
dump him


hes probably tha same


but different around u
dump em' honestly he is a strain on your life and is no good 4 u... and u know it...
i dealt with the same thing. i hated my xs alcoholic and drug addict friends. i always thought he couldve done so much better in choosing friends. i verbally voiced my opinion almost every day about it. which was the wrong thing to do. and i was condescending about it to. i recently found out that there were plenty of times that he hung out with his friends and wouldnt tell me because he knew i would ***** him out about it. i eventually learned later that i needed to not be so pushy about it and tell me in a concerning manner instead.
I think you're right to be concerned. And it's nice that he has that Air Guard job lined up, but what about his character? Don't blame his friends for his 'bad' behaviour. He's a grown man and he makes his own decisions. Didn't he know them before he met you? You could have a final talk with him about his behaviour, but you know he will put his 'boys' before you. Sorry, but I can't imagine how you would see him making a good husband and father when you don't trust him. I think you need to leave him with his 'boys' and move on. I wish you could be realistic about the 'mess' that he and his friends bring to your life...as expressed in the way you feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment