Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with my boyfriend's trust issues?

Sorry this is kinda long!





So right now I'm dating this guy- for once I feel like I am at the same level with him-we both care about each other, not too clingy to each other but still enjoy seeing each other, and I feel like I'm not hanging by a thread all the time (for some reason I felt like my ex always had the upper-hand in the relationship-and that he could just dump me whenever he wanted to).





But anyways....everything is great but his trust issues. He has dated quite a few people and has often referred to himself as a stepping stone for girls to move onto another guy. He's also been cheated on a couple times and about a year ago he was cheated on really bad when dating another girl.





So now these trust issues have transferred into not really trusting me. I remember telling him before we ever even thought about dating that I HATE cheating and that I would never do something like that to anyone and cannot even stand hearing about it. He expressed the same opinion of cheating to me as well.





In the beginning it was fine but he always had thoughts of me possibly getting back with my ex...which will never happen because the reasons he broke up with me aren't there. Another thing is that I've never cheated on him ever!





A couple months into seeing each other we decided to stop so he could focus more on his school because he had been struggling a lot lately. A week into not ';seeing'; each other we were still hanging out, talking on the phone, and hooking up. That Saturday he was at a party and got belligerent and made out with another girl. I was furious and told him it was over. A week and a half later I realized I still liked him and there was all these technicalities that made it our relationship so confusing that we decided to try one more time and start over.





So I've been able to move on-and yes sometimes I do feel uncomfortable about him going to a party when I'm not there but I feel like he genuinely does feel bad about what happened and wouldn't do that again.





So now...we did meet in school...but we live at different parts of the state(7 hours away from each other) and we're trying to do a long distance relationship. He's having so much trouble trusting me whenever I end up going out-which has been a total of maybe 5 times this whole summer. He even has trouble trusting guys that he knows down here...who HAVE girlfriends! He keeps talking about how he doesn't trust any girl and that it is because of past relationships...but I just want to know how is he ever going to help stop these trust issues. He says I'm the best thing that has happened to him...he says that he loves me...but yet he still think that ';something'; could still happen behind his back. I really want this to work but if I'm constantly having to defend myself for something I haven't done it's going to push me away. This guy has definitely been through some tough relationships but how come after all the relationships he has had with other girls...I get the bad end of the stick? How do I help fix his trust issues when I haven't done anything in the first place?How do I deal with my boyfriend's trust issues?
Cheaters never trust; so tell him not to put you in that category. He needs to accept the fact that just because he cheated, and others cheated on him, that doesn't mean that everyone's a cheater. Tell him if he truly loved you he would trust you because he has no reason not to.How do I deal with my boyfriend's trust issues?
There's a really awesome web resource telling you about relationships and how to get the maximum from them. There's a great deal of assistance there, I believe it is substantially advantageous. http://bareny.beautifulsingles.info

No comments:

Post a Comment