Friday, August 20, 2010

Any self help books on how to cope with cheating, being the cheatER?

I cheated on my boyfriend about 7 months ago and now we're talking and everything is exactly the same as it was before, only thing is we're not officially together.





I have a feeling he's just using me now. So any good books on how to deal? All books I found were only self help on being cheated on. What about the cheatER?





And please no rude comments, because I know what I did was wrong and it pains me to even think about it.Any self help books on how to cope with cheating, being the cheatER?
Finding self help books on being the cheater would be akin to finding self help books geared towards the rapist. I'm not saying that cheating is any where near raping, but it's not considered to be the emotionally damaged side of the coin.


Obviously that's a false statement since you're hurting right now.


Both people take hits to their ability to trust each other once the relationship hits this area. One of the best, and toughest things you can do is to talk to your boyfriend about how you're feeling. That's the only way you're going to get any straight answers about what he's thinking, and to let him know what you're thinking. Depending on how it goes it could strengthen your relationship because it tells him that you're affected by what happens and that you're sorry for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment