Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with my boyfriend's harassing ex?

I've been with my boyfriend for a month now but I'm having an issue with his ex. Long story short, he was with her for 13 years (kid sweethearts), they had two kids, she cheated on him a year ago, and they've been apart since then (they we're never married). The only thing keeping them seeing each other is the kids. I don't have a problem with him having children, but his ex is very...intimidating. She's very unfriendly and basically jealous of me because she's so used to being together it's odd to her. She found my number on his cell phone and she harasses me with texts and she calls my boyfriend constantly harassing him as well, asking 'how the b*tch (that's me =/) is doing', and it's very annoying. I know we cannot exactly get rid of her, and we try to avoid her as much as possible, but we can't always do it. I don't want to break up with him at all, because I really care about him and he's a wonderful person, it's just hard dealing with a harassing ex. Plus, she literally trashed his house so everytime we go to his house, we handle cleaning tasks one at the time. I'm trying to help him start over without her in his life (as much as possible anyway). Is there something we/I can do to steer clear of her as much as possible? My boyfriend is afraid of getting her pissed off too much cause she'd most likely try to make him pay child support which he really can't afford right now. I don't really know how to deal with this because I've never been in a relationship with someone who has a jealous and harassing ex.How do I deal with my boyfriend's harassing ex?
Anytime you are involved with a man that has children and the mother of those kids are still in the picture, you are going to have a different situation than no kids involved at all. You have to realize that for her it is all about the fear, fear that you will be a better role model to her children, fear that you are better in many aspects. What I would suggest is that you have a ';come to Jesus'; meeting with her. Talk to your boyfriend and ask if it is alright to invite her over to get to know you and see how you and the children interact. You should speak with her before the meeting and lay down the ground rules...no inappropriate language in front of the kids, no name calling, etc. You have at that point made an effort to make your point clear that the most important thing to you is the well-being and mental health of the kids. She may just need that confidence in you in order to get over it all. Besides it's much nicer to say that you get along with the ex than it is to say that you cannot stand her. People will have a lot more respect for you if you can honestly say that.How do I deal with my boyfriend's harassing ex?
****, get a restraining order on her asss! Change your phone numbers and maybe (if she keeps trashing dudes house) your boyfriend should move into a different area and not tell her his address. If it's that much of a problem, that is. Or you could always just beat the hoes asss. LOL. :)
wow id be on the first bus to singlesville if i was you lady .... why isnt he telling his ex to get a life ..? and he should want to pay CHILD SUPPORT !! its his kid makes me laugh as young men like your BF give good dads who want to pay for their kids a bad name !
They were practically married and you don't get what she's mad about? Grow up. Why would you want to be with a man that had two children with a woman, was stringing her along for 13 years and never married her?
oh wow. uhm shes a *****. but you know what.tell her tell her why should she be jealous and that lifes to short to hate just be happy and be happy for what youve got.


OR YOU CAN CUSS HER OUT!
girl STOP da madness and call 911 on her butt



Well, since you kinda have to walk around egg shells cause of the whole child support thing I guess the best thing is to just ignore her. Maybe even change your number so you don't have to deal with that. idk, some people are just bitter and jealous you either play their game or be the bigger person. Don't act afraid of her though, if she confronts you to your face stand up for yourself, don't let her intimidate you..But if she's just texting then just let her be. She can't do that forever she'll grow tired. So just hang in there, change your number, and just ignore her.
I know you dont want to break up but--- is it really worth it? I mean i understand how much you like him but are you prepared to deal with this everyday if you cant make it stop?? Your bf cant just forget about this girl thirteen years and two kids-- thats alot!! This girl definitley still likes him and it will be hard to make things better--- try i guess just being really nice to her only talk to her when you have to. (Your bf cant get away with not talking to her unfortunately so that doesnt help with you trying to be secluded from her). But try talking to her about how it makes you feel because youre trying your hardest. How long have they been broken up?? Like do you think enough time to get over her? I just think that its alot of baggage for a relationship thats a month in.

No comments:

Post a Comment