Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with my boyfriend's insecurity about my past life?

After a 4-year relationship, my then boyfriend moved to a different town because we needed time apart. We had had a huge fight in which he had pinned me down, slapped me around and verbally abused me all night after drinking too much as he was extremely jealous. I was unhappy about our sex life, which he knew, and I had cheated on him several times, which he didn't know. I temporarily moved in with a guy who was a mutual acquaintance and started dating, though not seriously, somebody else ';K';). To make a long story short, although we both had made an effort to stay out of each other's way, my roommate and I fell in love. I realized then that I had been unhappy and making a mess of my love life. I ended things with my boyfriend, dumped my date, and resolved to make a fresh start. I decided to not ever cheat while in a relationship again.


In the first weeks of our new relationship, I told my roommate, now boyfriend, what had happened and why. I also told him a wasn't particularly proud of my behavior, and would not repeat my mistakes.


Things went well until my new boyfriend started having fits of extreme jealousy after drinking too much. When drunk, he is convinced I am still seeing my date K behind his back. These jealousy fits come at the most unexpected moments and even if they are irrational, I do understand that my history is not very reasssuring, to say the least. However, after a year of trying to reassure him, of always being by his side, of showing him I truly love him and will not cheat, his jealousy about K -- someone I have no feelings for whatsoever -- comes up time and again. I often wish I had not told him anything, but then again, I want to be as honest and open as possible to give this relationship a chance. But I am getting desperate, because he does not seem to trust me, and he drinks so much we have fights at least once a week. Am I in a dead-end relationship? Is there a chance that things will get better? Or is it all my fault, getting into relationships with jealous men?How do I deal with my boyfriend's insecurity about my past life?
Well 80% of this (sorry) is your fault.





1. (main thing)


The past is the past.


Your new boyfriend did not need to know any of that.





2.


You need to stop letting guys walk all over you.


Do not ever let a man treat you like your crap.


If hes a drunk and always verbally attacking you, pack your things and leave.


You don't need that.





3.


Just start over and next time, keep the past to yourself and completely start over as a new person.


Forget the past and be better.





Hope that helps.


:oHow do I deal with my boyfriend's insecurity about my past life?
This is so beyond a ';dead end relationship';....it's not even funny.
you shouldn't have cheated. i'm sorry, but it doesn't give you a good track record. but it's good you're making a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment