Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I just ignore my boyfriend while we are having space...?

My boyfriend %26amp; I have been together for 2 years. He felt that we should take some time apart because we haven't been getting along %26amp; it's due to trust issues. I dealt with abandonment %26amp; abuse from childhood to adulthood. My father wasn't really around everytime he got married to someone new. I was molested from the age of 4 to 6 %26amp; almost raped at 12. A boyfriend cheated on me the whole time we were together. My ex husband verbally %26amp; physically abused me as well as cheated. When my boyfriend is out, I get so insecure that I start having negative thoughts %26amp; I sometimes accuse him of things. Now my boyfriend had to deal with being abandoned by his mother, beat by his father %26amp; a wife who preferred the same sex %26amp; used by women. At times if I say anything to him during a normal conversation he misinterprets it, gets sarcastic %26amp; shuts down. He'll say if you're not happy just leave then. He has been calling %26amp; sending me text to see how I am. Should I just ignore him for now? I'm confused.Should I just ignore my boyfriend while we are having space...?
have a heart to heart with your boyfriend and let him know how you feel about him. find out how he feels about you. tell him about yourself as you describe above and what you really want from your relationship. let him know what you will give to the relationship.





hopefully you will have a clean jump off point.





however, to be honest with you it appears you like to wallow in the intricacies of past problems. you need to try to move on and not focus on what happened 10, 20 or 30 years ago. it will be very tough for anyone to listen to your problems and perceptions of problems as lived and visualized by you.





unfortunately, your confusion is a part of the problem.





try to take control of your life and navigate a different path to a new and current normal life.





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment