Friday, August 20, 2010

I think my boyfriend is cheating on me, what do I do?

I am a gay 22 year old man, and my boyfriend is a 33 year old (born outside of canada). We've been together for almost a year. This past Saturday I grabbed his iPhone to look up something on Wikipedia while I was in the washroom. My thumb hit the text message area by accident and I saw in the breif begining of a message something suggestive from someone named David I'd never met before.





I got upset and started reading more of his text messages, I saw him talking about meeting people for dinners, someone calling him ';hey sexy'; and him responding ';hey cutie,'; and even someone saying they wanted to come by his house for kisses and to sleep. Him saying, when he was on a trip to Montreal in August ';meet me where we made out last night'; to this same David, who I had seen him text innocently in front of me. It wasnt just this david though, there was another guy named ';Dave'; and ';Dimitry'; other names I'd never heard of before.


And all of them said things like ';I miss you'; and it drives me crazy because I live 45 minutes away for school and this is the thing I say to him the most when I am gone during the week.





I confronted him and he says its not what it looks like, and that it was innocent flirtation, but I don't know if I can trust him or believe him. He refused to go through the text messages with me to explain them.





I don't know what to do. I love him a lot and I want what he says to be true, but I can feel this really hurting me badly inside. He is gone back for the weekdays now and I am trying to figure out how to deal with this.





Should I try and read the phone again to get a better idea of what he has been doing? Should I just trust him and try to forget about this as I have been doing the past three days? I need advice.I think my boyfriend is cheating on me, what do I do?
It sounds like your boyfriend is cheating on you. Get him to talk about it, and work it out. If he won't talk about it, or if you can't work it out, dump him. I know you love him, but he's cheating on you. Not ok.I think my boyfriend is cheating on me, what do I do?
Dump his sorry ***!


you will find another man!


of course oncve you have dumped hiom see his reaction,


if he comes back wanting you, give him a second chance,ff not he was cheating.


Do you know why he cheats?


do you guys have a ...'good time?'
Honey, you don't want to end up sick like I did. If you can't trust him, that's gotta draw a line - simply put - for your health. There's a giant red flag too, sorry, but it's how he didn't respect your feelings and kinda brushed you off when you confronted him. If he was truly faithful, he would have been kind about your feelings and gone through everything to reassure you. He acted like a guilty person who just uses others and, I'm sorry kiddo, but you're one of them. Don't end up sick from someone who doesn't treat you the way you simply deserve.
I think if your gut is telling you he's cheating, than he's cheating. We usually know something is wrong before we have concrete evidence. Personally I wouldn't trust him that it ';wasn't what it looked like.'; I would go through those texts, get the numbers, and call the people who he's been communicating with. I'm all for trust and believing in your boyfriend, but he's engaging in activity that makes him look sneaky, and I think you must combat sneaky with sneaky. Talk to these people, then factor what they say, along with what he says and maybe from there you can decide what the ';truth'; is. You can expect him to lie, and you can expect the people he's messing with to lie, but somewhere in there, there's got to be enough information for you to decide what to do about him. Good luck. I know this feels like crap... but you gotta stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment