Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cheating boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year. We went though the normal problems but never anything major.He had proposed to me and we were planning our wedding. Everything seemed perfect. About 2 weeks ago he wanted to break the engagement off saying he wasnt ready. I accepted that. But yesturday morning he woke me up to telling me that a few months ago he cheated on me. He said he had to tell me he couldnt keep it in anymore and he loves me and is so sorry. I love this man with my whole heart but he has betrayed my trust so badly so i need time. But i dont know how to deal with it. I have so many questions about this affair he had, like who she is when and where did it happen. Am I wrong to be wanting to know this information ??Cheating boyfriend?
So you want to know every last detail so you can throw it in his face the rest of your lives? That's nice.Cheating boyfriend?
He didn't have an affair since you are not married. A year is too soon, especially if you guys are having sex. Unfortunately it sounds like you are.

Report Abuse



If I caught my old man in the act. I confront the both of them. Forgive? Maybe. Forget? Never. Once a cheat always a cheat!
You are not wrong to want to know these things, the more you probe him the easier it will be for you to make a decision. My best advice is to give yourself alot of time and do not rush into making a decision that you might regret later.
I would want to know just for the sake of knowing. So no I don't think you are wrong. But I don't think any of the information he gives you is going to make a difference. This relationship is over. He cheated on you. End of story. Best wishes to ya my friend:)
no you are not wrong, that is your every right. this is a hard one to give advice on b/c you never know if he is really sorry or if he'll do it again. i would not put up with it and you are not married so i would move on with my life if i were you. i know it's gotta be hard for you, i am sorry. good luck!
NO, you're not wrong. You have the right to know. That should have been the first question out of your mouth. It doesn't matter if it was 1 time or 30 times. He cheated. Don't marry him. If he gets away with it this time, he'll think in his mind that he'll get away with it next time too.
absolutely not. you have every right to know about her, the affair, and why it happened. trust is an extremely important thing in a relationship. if there is no trust, there can be no love. you need to talk things out and hopefully be able to build up your trust in him again. just be open with each other right now, thats the only way to try to mend things. best of luck to you.
My wife cheated on me and I went and am still going through the same things you are going through. It normal I wish you the best of luck and I would suggest, since you are not married. Dump him and find another that appreciates you and deserves you.
It's not wrong to want to know, but if you want to salvage the relationship, it's best that you do not know. (Except for who the person was, you should at least know that.)


Maybe you should just take things slow and give yourself lots of time. Dealing with cheating is awful hard. If you find that you cannot forgive, then you have no choice but to end it.
It's normal to want the details but believe me they are not going to help. What you need to do now is work on the relationship so you can find out if you really want to marry him. He told you and it sounds like it bothered him so maybe you can salvage this relationship.
Knowing all the intimate details about his affair will serve absolutely no purpose to you. Why do you need to know her name? Thinking about sending her a ';thank you for screwing my boyfriend'; card? Trust me I went through the same thing years ago with an ex-boyfriend. When I found out he had cheated on me I became obsessed with knowing every little detail about his indiscretion. In the end all it did was make me more miserable. Only you know in your heart if you want to give your BF another chance. But there's a reason there's an expression out there and it goes a little something like this......ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER. I'm sure you've heard it before. Just keep it in mind. Good luck.
Yes it was wrong for him to have cheated on you.....let me ask you this.....what would you do with the information if he gave it to you.....would you find her and want to whip her


bu-donkey-donk....not a good idea....could go to jail for that....do you want to see her to see if she is prettier than you, how will this make you feel in the long term? what you need to do now is to ask him....because it was his choice to do this.....did she know that you were engaged at the time? What are your plans now.....where do you want to go from here? unfortunately from this point on.....you will always have doubts about him and suspect him or cheating....somewhere in the back of your mind......He needs to know that you can forgive him......but forgetting will not happen unless you get Alzheimer's all of a sudden. He needs to know that it has hurt you and that he has broken the trust that you once had......trust is earned.....it is not given....you have to earn it....and once it has been taken away....you have to start all over again.


I commend him for finally being honest with you.....but why did he have to wake you.....you need to ask him if she is pregnant, and was worried that you would find out that way.





Depending on his answers, I would give him another chance to redeem himself and move forward.


best of luck to you
if u find this betrayal unacceptable...then dump him and find a more trustworthy mate
Your not wrong. But him answering the question will not help you. Why do you want to know about the affair. It is prob better in your mind that you don't know anything about it atleast you know that it happened before marrying him. Move on with your life.
Forget it, you will never get over it....you may forgive, but you will never forget.





Dump this cheating azzhole. Don't you think you deserve a man that isn't going to cheat on you??????? Be GRATEFUL the ring isn't on your finger yet!





WOW! So glad HE feels better now that he got it off his chest!!! And he broke your heart in the process...some boyfriend you have there! GEEZ!
No, you are not wrong, and if he is truley sorry...he will be wlling to answer any and all questions to make you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment